The MBS Seminar Committee is responsible for organizing a seminar series that brings eminent and emerging scholars to Austin to present their work and interact with students and faculty. The committee reviews and approves faculty-nominated speakers on an annual basis and works to ensure an enriching experience for both visitors and department members.
The ILS Seminar Committee is dedicated to planning, organizing, and hosting a seminar series that enriches the training of students in the ILS graduate programs. The series will consist of assigned research-in-progress seminars by 4th year ILS students and by invited seminars from eminent and emerging scholars. On an annual basis, the committee will review and approve speakers for invitations.
The Seminar Series occurs every Wednesday (MBS) and Thursday (ILS) at 12 p.m. in NHB 1.720 during the Fall and Spring semesters. For questions and a detailed policy guide, please contact the Seminar Coordinators.
GUIDELINES FOR SEMINAR NOMINATIONS:
- Only MBS faculty are allowed to nominate MBS speakers.
- The speaker should have a tenure track or equivalent position. Speakers for industry welcome.
- The seminar speaker should be traveling from within the USA.
- Nomination deadlines: May 1st for AY 2025-2026. Late nominations accepted but may not get full consideration.
- If any seminar date remains unfilled after this regular nominating process, the available dates will be announced to the entire faculty and additional nominations will be invited.
The deadline to nominate for 2025-2026 is May 1, 2024.
Host's & Speaker's Responsibilities
Please visit Inviting a Speaker to find out about the responsibilities expected of hosts and speakers.