Inviting a Speaker or Guest
Policy and procedural information on inviting a speaker or guest for an MBS hosted event.
Policy and procedural information on securing a location for an MBS hosted event
Policy and procedural information on setting up an MBS or ILS seminar
Please contact the MBS Front Desk as soon as you know you'll need department assistance or resources for your event.
1. Venues and lodging for large events generally need to be reserved one year in advance. High volume times for campus include both the beginning and end of each long semester, so please plan accordingly.
2. Paperwork and/or contracts for event space, catering, etc. have to be approved by several university offices prior to your event, and need at minimum a 4-week lead time. Remember, you should never sign a contract without running it through the appropriate UT offices, including the MBS Office, UT Business Contracts Office, and CNS Dean's Office (Business Services).
3. Entertainment approvals and/or direct billing to the department need at minimum two weeks lead time prior to your event to be approved. This includes any rentals or cleaning setup through Facility Services, food/pizza, A/V setup, etc. All catering companies, as well as UT Events/Facilities, mandate that final tallies are turned in two weeks prior to event.
4. The use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on property and buildings owned by UT Austin unless an exception has been requested from and approved by the approved delegate(s) prior to the event. This includes anything brought in a BYOB format. For more information, please see the alcoholic beverages exception request.
5. We absolutely cannot provide or reimburse gift cards.