Research Retreats & Symposiums
MBS hosts both a retreat and symposium annually at which faculty, students and invited guests can share on their recent research.
The Department of Molecular Biosciences hosts an annual retreat every spring. This one-day extravaganza provides an exciting opportunity for faculty, postdocs, and graduate students to discuss science and professional development at the beautiful and conveniently located Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.
MBS Retreat Activities include:
- Talks from students and postdocs
- Data Slam (A lightning round of short talks)
- Poster session
- Cash Prizes (Best Talk, Data Slam and Poster)
- Theme Lunches (Peer- and mentor-led discussions over lunch)
- Image competition (Submit your prettiest science!)