MBS Peer Teaching Observation Template
Click below to download the form.
- Lilly Conference - hosted in Austin every January
- ASM Education - every July
Short list of suggestions for avoiding student grading issues; however, please read all the guidelines in the links provided so that you are informed and avoid any issues with students that require interventions at the Department or College level.
PNAS article on actual learning vs. feeling of learning in the active classroom
Policies/Procedures and Reporting
- Students with non-academic issues (health, deaths, personal problems, etc.) should be directed to the CNS Non-Academic advisers for assistance:512-471-4536. Language for your syllabus or Canvas page from the CNS webpage: If you have a non-academic issue/crisis it is best to contact the CNS Non-Academic Counselors ASAP – Different from mental health counselors (https://cmhc.utexas.edu/CARE.html), the CNS Non-Academic Counselors help students navigate when life events and academics collide. Be sure to speak with them at the beginning of the crisis if possible to start the documentation trail if it's needed. Call the WCH Advising desk at (512) 471-4536 to set up an appointment.
- Academic misconduct (cheating, plagiarism, etc.). You have two options, turn it over to Student Judicial Services or handle it yourself (there are forms for either way to report to SJS). This page explains the process: https://deanofstudents.utexas.edu/conduct/facultyresources.php .
- Title IX mandatory reporting (see link below) please file a report at this site (https://titleix.utexas.edu/file-a-report) and it is good to inform the chair of any Title IX issue.
- Biology Instructional Office
- Gradescope - for online grading
- Perusall - online annotation of reading assignments
Access workshop information here: https://utexas.instructure.com/courses/633028/pages/office-hours-and-workshops