Advanced laboratories and facilities are essential for the department's pioneering research programs. Explore the college's core facilities below.
Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology
ICMB core facilities support cellular and molecular biology research at The University of Texas at Austin. The facilities offer a full range of services in nucleic acid and protein sequencing, peptide synthesis, mass spectrometry, protein purification and analysis, DNA microarrays, x-ray chrystallography, and transgenic - knockout mice.
The ICMB core facilites include:
- DNA Sequencing Facility - provides DNA sequencing and fragment analysis, real-time PCR, automatic liquid handling, a plate reader, phosphor and fluor imaging, nanodrop spectrophotometers, a Bioanalyzer and other equipment.
- Genome Sequence and Analysis Facility - performs next-gen sequencing and microarray studies for UT researchers from any department and from external research entities, both public and private.
- Macromolecular Crystallography Facility - provides equipment for determination of structures by X-ray dffraction methods.
- Mass Spectrometry Analytical Facility - provides state-of-the-art mass spectrometry and related services.
- Microscopy and Imaging Facility - provides instruments and instruction for light and electron microscopy.
- Mouse Genetic Engineering Facility is located in the ARC and provides services for the production of genetically altered mice.